[omniORB] Redhat 9.0 omniORBpy 2.1 and Unicode problems

Scott Robertson srobertson at codeit.com
Sat Aug 23 08:00:41 BST 2003

Anyone else run into a problem with unicode strings on redhat 9.0? If I
make a simple server example that returns a wstring, it will either
return the string with non printable data inside it or raise this error:

UnicodeError: ASCII encoding error: ordinal not in range(128)

I've had this problem on several redhat 9 installs on various machines,
but I'm surprised no one's reported it to the list yet.