[omniORB] COMM_FAILURE error in VC++

Rama rrach001 at fiu.edu
Fri Aug 22 17:51:38 BST 2003

Hi,

I am a newbie to CORBA, and we i am working on a project that requires us to
interfaces with some objects. I downloaded OmniOrb ver 4 and the development
platform i am using is Windows XP / VC++ 6.0.
I am getting a COMM_FAILURE error on
CORBA::object_var obj = orb->resolve_initial_references("NameService");

Please let me know if my assumptions from the documentation i have read is right

1. Should OmniNames run be on the client machine also?

2. Should the InitRef variable in OmniOrb.cfg point to the server IP ? the
vendor has specified the naming context on the server as
corbaname::serverIP:portnumber/NameService#vts/soa/ConnectionFactory/SPID

example
InitRef = NameService=corbaname::ServerIP:PORT#vts/soa/ConnectionFactory/spid

is this is right?

3.How do i see the trace log in VC++, i have set the traceLevel=40 in the
config file, but i am not sure where the trace log be found

4. I have included the SK.cpp file and the header file in my project and was
able to compi;e the application, should any other services be started? in order
for my application to talk to the server on teh remote location

Any help will be truly appreciated !

Thank you