[omniORB] How to make OmniORB's IDL compiler

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Wed Apr 9 11:01:01 2003

On Tuesday 8 April, Doru-Catalin Togea wrote:

> Except for sporadic comemnts, the only lines which were comemnted out were
> the following (now uncommented):

[...]
> 1) After removing the comment signs, Emacs warns me when I try to save
> the changes that there is a "Suspicious line 43. Save anyway (y or n)?" I
> can save the file by choosing "y" but neither make nor gmake would compile
> any more. When issued in the ../cxx/ directory both commands report:
> "dir.mk:43: *** missing separator.  Stop."

Make sure all the indented lines have tabs in them rather than spaces.
The best thing to do is to take the original file with the comments,
select the commented region, then do C-u M-x comment-region. That will
uncomment it for you.

> Should there be any "\" sign anywhere?

No.

> 2) what do you mean by "remove the source files from the source tree". Do
> you mean that I should remove all C and C++ files (that is all .c, .cc,
> .h files)? Or just the object files or all? I hope all I need to do is
> "make clean", because I am affraid I will have to make the compiler many
> times.

You should remove lex.yy.cc, y.tab.cc and y.tab.h from the source
tree. That will cause them to be created in the build tree each time
you make. You only need to remove the source files once.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --