[omniORB] Option "endpoint" - howto use?

Jens Nissen jens.nissen@gmx.net
Tue Apr 1 18:06:01 2003

In omniORB3, I used option poa_iiop_port and gave it the value 2905, using
omniINSPOA instead of the RootPOA and actived my object XY by ID.
Thus I could address my object XY from a client by
corbaloc::127.0.0.1:2905/XY.
Now I changed to omniORB4, which does not have an option poa_iiop_port
anymore.
So I tried -endpoint with a value of GIOP:TCP::2905 or
GIOP:TCP:127.0.0.1:2905.
But I always receive a SystemException on client side, whenever I try to put
the obj received from string_to_object into narrow.
I would expect the port 2905 to show up when calling "netstat -a" - but  it
is not in the list (2809 is!)
So I assume, the server side is going wrong - where or why???
BTW: I'm using Windows 2000 and omniORB401.

Kind regards,

Jens "not so happy right now"