[omniORB] New (and unusual) NT warnings...

armin.gerritsen@philips.com armin.gerritsen@philips.com
Fri Sep 20 11:44:01 2002

Hello,

First a remark: I think many of us will prefer non-HTML postings to this
list ... :-)

Now to give some answers:

"defaultlib "LIBCMT" conflicts with use of other libs; use
/NODEFAULTLIB:library"

probably means that some parts of your program use a different
thread-library than others. Could it be you are using a single-thread
application and using onmiORB libs which are build for multi-thread? You can
check in your project settings.

See also:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vccore/html/LNK4098.asp?frame=true

And the other:

"LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""int __cdecl
strcasecmp(char const *,char const *)" (?strcasecmp@@YAHPBD0@Z)" imported "

and the other similar one are caused because you import a symbol that you've
defined locally. Basicly a symbol was both exported from and imported to the
same program. Usually this is not bad however. (But it is indeed nicer to
remove the warnings).

As a further tip in future dealings with MSDN errors, I would suggest:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vccore/html/Linker_Tools_Errors_and_
Warnings.asp?frame=true

Microsoft gives on that page all compiler and linker errors and you can
browse through them by number.

Good luck,

Armin
--