[omniORB] Re: omniORB-list digest, Vol 1 #129 - 14 msgs

David Peterson peterson@ee.usyd.edu.au
Thu Sep 19 14:20:02 2002

Hi Michael,

I am doing research here at the University of Sydney (Australia) into
Fault Tolerant and Dependable middleware systems. I am looking at active
replication approaches for CORBA products. At this stage I'm basing a
prototype implementation following the general lines of teh FT-CORBA
spec, using the MICO open-source ORB. However, once this is bedded down
I am interested in porting to support OmniORB also. One concern I have
regarding such a port is how the current status of portable interceptors
in OmniORB may affect this (any feedback from the ng on this topic
appreciated).

Feel free to contact me off-list if you would like some more
information. I did check a while back with Duncan Grisby and it appeared
someone started thinking about FT-CORBA for OmniORB but it didn't go
very far. Duncan may have more information to add.

Hope this helps. I, like you, would like to see more open-source
FT-CORBA support ASAP ;)

Regards,

David Peterson

--