[omniORB] Question about Fix in 4.0.0 -rc

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Sun Sep 22 00:19:00 2002

On Thursday 19 September, steinhoffc@schneider.com wrote:

> We are currently running on the beta 1 version of OmniOrb 4.0 and would
> like to wait until 4.0.0 is released before making any changes. As far as
> our testing shows everything is working very well and we don't see this
> memory problem yet. In what instances would this be a problem?? Is this a
> big enough problem to push us to make a change before the final 4.0.0
> release??

The problem mainly occurs when the connection scavenger closes
incoming connections to a server. That doesn't happen in the default
set-up, since the default timeouts mean clients always close
connections. You only see the problem if you tell servers to close
connections sooner than clients, or you use a client side ORB that
doesn't have a timeout.

I'd say it's not worth moving to RC1 over this issue, because I intend
to do the full 4.0.0 release in the next couple of days.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --