[omniORB] init.d/Mandrake and omniNames

Frederic Provot provot@besancon.sema.slb.com
Thu Sep 19 09:59:00 2002

Hello,

I've compiled omniORB-4.0.0-rc1 on mandrake linux 9.0.
It works fine when I manually launch onmiNames.

But I've not been able to make it run at boot time successfully. I created
a /etc/init.d/omninames script which should execute omninames, but either
it hangs there, or it terminates without any background process present.

I tried such ways (in the start section of omninames script):

   /usr/local/bin/omniNames -logdir /var/log/omniORB -errlog
/var/log/omniORB/omnierrs    -> it hangs

   daemon /usr/local/bin/omniNames -logdir /var/log/omniORB -errlog
/var/log/omniORB/omnierrs    -> nothing (if my memory is good)

   /usr/local/bin/omniNames -logdir /var/log/omniORB -errlog
/var/log/omniORB/omnierrs &  -> nothing

I tried other things like nohup, redirecting stdin-out, but I can only
launch omniNames in background manually.

Anyone has a solution?
Regards

Fred Provot