[omniORB] Segfaults with omniORBpy 2.0rc1

Jian Deng jdeng@kcco.com
Thu Sep 19 16:46:01 2002

> I have a server and client both implemented with omniORBpy 2.0.rc1. If
> the client dies (error or explicit kill), the server segfaults. This
> limits the robustness of the system.
>
> I built omniORB 4.0rc1 and omniORBpy2.0rc1 using gcc 2.96, against
> python 2.1 on Mandrake 8.2 linux box (kernel 2.4.18).
>
> Before I recompile with debugging and start staring at gdb traces, can
> anybody tell me if this is a well known problem, with a trivial fix?

we have similar problems when we try to compile and test the following
collections: omniOrb 3.0.5, omniORBpy 1.0.5 on gentoo rev 7 (kernal
2.4.19).

gdb traces points to throw handling involving threads.  it seems that the
catch did not work properly.

very similar problem was experienced in Mico 2.3.7 when we tested in gentoo,
which was fixed by rearranging the order of the libraries in the link line.
but i could not yet find a place to try this trick on omni based
applications.

any suggestions?  thanks,
- jd