[omniORB] omniORBpy : Messaging / DII Support

Bahns, Chris bahnsc@gsilumonics.com
Mon Sep 9 19:18:23 2002

I need to be able to execute multiple concurrent requests and then get the
synchronous thing). I don't want to create multiple threads just for this
(very simple system initialization stuff).

The two ways I know of to do this are:
1. DII (create_request etc.)
2. Messaging ("sendc_" mechanism)

I understand that DII is available in omniORBpy 2.0 (not earlier). I was
able to build omniORB 4.0 with MSVC++ on Win2k, but did not see a
straightforward way to build omniORBpy 2.0 in this environment (instructions
seemed to be for UNIX). So, I'm still using 1.5 with no DII.

I don't mind waiting for the official release of omniORBpy 2.0 for the DII,
but what about the "sendc_" syntax and Messaging in general (policy
overrides, oneway semantics, etc.)? Is this already available or will it be
sometime soon?

Thanks for the help!
Christopher Bahns
Senior Software Engineer