[omniORB] Linking Problems

bido@mac.com bido@mac.com
Thu Nov 28 02:26:01 2002

I just got my new CORBA book and I'm trying to build a basic
client-server example. The files compiled fine with just some seemingly
harmless warnings i.e.,

$ g++ -c -I. -I/usr/local/include server.cc
cc1plus: warning: changing search order for system directory
"/usr/local/include"
cc1plus: warning:   as it has already been specified as a non-system
directory

$ ls
client.cc server.cc server.o  time.idl  timeSK.o
client.o  server.hh time.hh   timeSK.cc

linking is not working, I figured that I'm missing lib paths, flags
-you name it. Must I mimic the make files from the omniORB examples?
This approach seems very tedious. In any event, here's what I get:

$ g++ -o myserver timeSK.o server.o -L/usr/local/lib
ld: Undefined symbols:
_CORBA_use_nil_ptr_as_nil_objref()
omniObjRef::_unMarshal(char const*, cdrStream&)
omniObjRef::_realNarrow(char const*)
omniObjRef::_enableShortcut(omniServant*, bool const*)
omniObjRef::_uncheckedNarrow(char const*)
omniObjRef::_localServantTarget()

Thanks!
-FB