[omniORB] Good CORBA book To Acompany omniORB?

Heinrich Götzger Heinrich.Goetzger@exploding-systems.de
Wed Nov 27 16:03:01 2002

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Alfonso Tames wrote:

> I have that book and I recommend it.
>
> On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 09:19, bido@mac.com wrote:
> > What's a good CORBA book for omniORB? I ask because I've come a across
> > at least one that promised to be
> > ORB independent but it turned out to be a false claim. So I'm almost on
> > my way back to the book store.
> >
> > I'm looking for a book with a fair amount of illustrations and omniORB
> > compatible source code. I'm thinking about
> > getting "Advanced CORBA Programming with C++"  by Michi Henning and
> > Steve Vinoski.

It's well illustrated and recommendable.

But, (since I just purchased it) you need to take care about the printing.
Amazon send my the second printing, BOL.de send me the fourth printing and
in a second order the sixth printing (September 2002). The return of the
other two books was ok. But it took lots of telefon and patience.

If you get some older printings, take a look at
http://www.triodia.com/staff/michi/advanced_corba/errata.html

regards

Heinrich