[omniORB] Newbie - Compiler Error on MacOSX for Echo Tutorial

bido@mac.com bido@mac.com
Mon Nov 25 06:25:01 2002

Thanks Bjorn,

Note that I'll have two problems going on in this same thread:

PROBLEM 1 - SOLVED - (Compiling my own copy/pasted version of echo
example eg1.cc)
I switched to g++ and it worked fine -see prior post.

PROBLEM 2 - UNSOLVED- (Building the packaged examples)
  It did not build. Here's what I got:

[122:src/examples/echo] bido% make
dir=../../../stub;  if [ ! -d $dir ]; then (umask 002; set -x; mkdir -p
$dir); fi
rm -f ../../../stub/echo.idl
../../../bin/powerpc_darwin_1.3/omniidl -bcxx -Wba -Wbtp
-C../../../stub  ../../../idl/echo.idl
make: ../../../bin/powerpc_darwin_1.3/omniidl: Command not found
make: *** [../../../stub/echo.hh] Error 127

The only thing that I did was to uncomment a line in config.mk file
file:

#platform = powerpc_aix_4.3_xlc5
#platform = powerpc_linux_2.2_glibc
platform = powerpc_darwin_1.3
#platform = hppa_hpux_10.20
#platform = hppa_hpux_11.00

Note in the make output above, it references
/bin/powerpc_darwin_1.3/omniidl
but the dir powerpc_darwin_1.3 does not exist under omniORB-4.0.0/bin.
There is
however a dir named x86_win32 which has no relevance in my system.

Any hints on this matter?