[omniORB] (no subject)

Clement.VISSEAUX@sercel.fr Clement.VISSEAUX@sercel.fr
Mon May 27 15:34:01 2002

im a  user of omniORB3.0.3 on Solaris 8
running with gcc 3.02

It proved to work fine until I shifted to gcc 3.1

when I migrated to gc3.1 I recompiled omniorb. It worked fine

however . omniidl, that is to say, omniidlrun.py does not work any more
I can not start omniidlrun.py due to an unresolved variable : I do get the following message

omniidl: ERROR!

omniidl: Could not open IDL compiler module _omniidlmodule.so
omniidl: Please make sure it is in directory /geosea1/omniorb2/omni/lib/sun4_sosV_5.8
omniidl: (or set the PYTHONPATH environment variable)

omniidl: (The error was `ld.so.1: python: fatal: relocation error: file /geosea1/omniorb2/omni/lib/sun4_sosV_5.8/_omniidlmodule.so:
symbol __eprintf: referenced symbol not found')

the library   _omniidlmodule.so does exist and has been thouroughly recompiled

does any one come accross such problem or has any clue ?
has it  something to do with Libstdc++ ?

thanks for any clue

clement visseaux