[omniORB] linux build question

bjorn rohde jensen shamus@tdcadsl.dk
Fri, 10 May 2002 22:28:57 +0200

Hi Robert,

 You should in general not try to link object files
generated by different compilers. If you are lucky,
it will fail to link, but it can also lead to very
nasty spurious runtime errors.
 I know, binary distributions are fairly popular,
probably due to their deceptively easy use, but i
would not recommend their use for more than
stand-alone applications or completely plain vanilla
systems, they are simply not worth the trouble.

Yours sincerely,

Bjorn