[omniORB] Use of _non_existent

bjorn rohde jensen shamus@tdcadsl.dk
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 21:53:47 +0100

Hi Jimmy,

 The standard actually says in 11.3.1 The servant IDL type, that
the non_existent method of a servant is invoked by the POA like any
other method, and that servants provide a default implementation
returning false.
 I think, this means, that if the ORB can not find a servant for
the invocation of non_existent, it returns true. If it can find
a servant, it invokes non_existent on the servant, which can then
return true, if it does not incarnate the object, and false, if
it does incarnate it.
 It sounds reasonable to me. The question is; do you use servant
locators or default servants? If you don't, there is no problem.

yours sincerely,

bjorn