[omniORB] Timeout when server unavailable

David Hyde davidh@cavendish.co.uk
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 12:10:37 -0000

Hi,

I'm working with OmniORB 3.02 with Windows 2000 and NT.

I'm writing a resilient system and I want to be able to detect when a server
goes down.  By server here I mean an entire computer, not a CORBA server
process.  What I'm finding is that when I pull the network cable on a
machine that I am connecting to, CORBA calls including Name Service calls
(as the naming service was running on this machine as well) are taking an
inordinately large amount of time to return with an exception.  Is there any
way to shorten this, and what are the ramifications of doing this?

Thanks very much

David Hyde