[omniORB] not able to compile .IDL file

jorgefm@cirsa.com jorgefm@cirsa.com
Wed Jun 26 11:17:02 2002

You can recompile the idl by hand using :

omniidl -bcxx <idl.file>

then you'll get the stub and skeleton files (.hh and .cc files).

It's well explained in "The omniORB User's Guide" chapter 5 that youu
can find inside your omniORB distribution tar.gz.

Jorge

                    "Mohan"
                    <rmohan@ice-com.com>       Para:   "Mohan" <rmohan@ice-com.com>, <omniorb-list@realvnc.com>
                    Enviado por:               cc:
                    omniorb-list-admin@r       Asunto: [omniORB] not able to compile .IDL file
                    ealvnc.com

                    26/06/2002 08.50

 Hi All,

 I took the echo example from the omni/src/examples/echo and copied to the
folder  omni/myprj after that I modified the interface (echoString) defined
in the .idl file by  adding an additional parameter to it and I also
changed
in the implementation class echo_i which is derived class of POA_Echo,
PortableServer::RefCountServerBase.
 After that I entered in the command line:
> make clean
and then
> make all
but the compiler is not generating the IDL stubs echo.hh and so on, when I
located this file under omni/stubs its still having the old defination. How
do I recompile the .idl file with the changes that I made?

 Thanks for your time.

 regards,
Ram