[omniORB] not able to compile .IDL file

baileyk@schneider.com baileyk@schneider.com
Wed Jun 26 15:37:06 2002

Perhaps you'd like a simplified makefile for just the echo examples?  I
wrote one some time ago to show someone how they might build a corba
application.  Here it is.  You'll need to modify some things to reflect
your environment.

I basically watch the output of the included makefile to determine what the
proper compiler flags ought to be, and then write a simple makefile from
scratch.

#============================================
# makefile for the omniORB echo example programs
PROGS= eg1 eg2_clt eg2_impl eg3_clt eg3_impl

default: $(PROGS)

# compile stuff
DEFINES= \
         -D__OMNIORB4__ \
         -DUsePthread \
         -D__OSVERSION__=5 \
         -D__sunos__ \
         -D__sparc__ \
         -D_REENTRANT

INCLUDES= -I. -I/opt/omni/include

CC_OPTS= $(INCLUDES) $(DEFINES) -mt -g
IDL_OPTS= -bcxx

# link stuff
LIBDIR= -L/opt/omni/lib
LIBS= \
      -lCOS4 \
      -lomniORB4 \
      -lomniDynamic4 \
      -lomnithread -lpthread -lposix4 -lsocket -lnsl

LINK_OPTS= $(CC_OPTS) $(LIBDIR) $(LIBS)

# commands
IDL= /opt/omni/bin/omniidl
CC= CC

echoSK.cc: echo.hh
echo.hh: echo.idl
        $(IDL) $(IDL_OPTS) echo.idl

.cc.o:
        $(CC) -c -o $@ $(CC_OPTS) $<

eg1: echo.hh eg1.o echoSK.o
        $(CC) -o $@ $(LINK_OPTS) eg1.o echoSK.o

eg2_clt: echo.hh eg2_clt.o echoSK.o
        $(CC) -o $@ $(LINK_OPTS) eg2_clt.o echoSK.o

eg2_impl: echo.hh eg2_impl.o echoSK.o
        $(CC) -o $@ $(LINK_OPTS) eg2_impl.o echoSK.o

eg3_clt: echo.hh eg3_clt.o echoSK.o
        $(CC) -o $@ $(LINK_OPTS) eg3_clt.o echoSK.o

eg3_impl: echo.hh eg3_impl.o echoSK.o
        $(CC) -o $@ $(LINK_OPTS) eg3_impl.o echoSK.o

clean:
        /bin/rm -f $(PROGS) echo.hh echoSK.cc *.o

                    "Mohan"
                    <rmohan@ice-com.com>       To:     "Mohan" <rmohan@ice-com.com>,
                    Sent by:                    <omniorb-list@realvnc.com>
                    omniorb-list-admin@r       cc:
                    ealvnc.com                 Fax to:
                                               Subject:     [omniORB] not able to compile .IDL file

                    06/26/2002 01:50 AM

 Hi All,

 I took the echo example from the omni/src/examples/echo and copied to the
folder  omni/myprj after that I modified the interface (echoString) defined
in the .idl file by  adding an additional parameter to it and I also
changed
in the implementation class echo_i which is derived class of POA_Echo,
PortableServer::RefCountServerBase.
 After that I entered in the command line:
> make clean
and then
> make all
but the compiler is not generating the IDL stubs echo.hh and so on, when I
located this file under omni/stubs its still having the old defination. How
do I recompile the .idl file with the changes that I made?

 Thanks for your time.

 regards,
Ram