[omniORB] Is there any limitation in _CORBA_Unbounded_Sequence__Octet ?

Bruno Dorel bd.ais40@wanadoo.fr
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:30:50 +0100

High ,

Does anybody knows if there is a limitation for the length of a
_CORBA_Unbounded_Sequence__Octet ?

I exchange data from a client to a server using this type (extract from
idl) :
  typedef sequence <octet> TypePieceOff;
This idl generate a C++ type : TypePieceOff derived from
_CORBA_Unbounded_Sequence__Octet

When i try to read the received data on my server my client hangs up if
the Octet array exeed 2M bytes

     2097000 the transfert is OK
     2097100 the transfert is KO          : I think the transfert is
limited to more or less 2MB

The same application using VisiBroker for java works fine.
 I have made a mixture calling my C++ omniORB server from a java client
using VisiBroker the behavior
is the same (client hangs up)

Thanks in advance
Regards