[omniORB] omniORB//v4//Compilation//NT4.0//VC6.0//Required Hints

Tue, 26 Feb 2002 15:00:01 +0000

On Tuesday 26 February, Indranil Mukherjee wrote:

> Can anyone provide me any hints regrading the compilation failure -
> with follwing options -
>
> Source version - "omniORB-20020221.tar.gz"
> platform = x86_nt_4.0
> #BuildDebugBinary = 1  // Tried with =0 , same error.

You certainly shouldn't set BuildDebugBinary to 1. It's broken at the
moment.

[...]
> omniidl: Error running preprocessor

I don't know why it's failing. It works fine for me, although there
were a couple of recently introduced problems later on in the build.
I've just fixed them in CVS. The problem might be with using a pipe to
the C pre-processor. I've updated the make rules to use the -T option
to omniidl on Windows, which might solve your problem.

Can you try updating to the current CVS version, or tomorrow's
snapshot, and see if that helps?  Even if it doesn't, I've added a bit
more tracing to the omniidl execution, which might help track down
what's going wrong.