[omniORB] Python proxy type returned on Win2k

Laurent Pointal laurent.pointal@lure.u-psud.fr
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 11:13:12 +0100

At 09:31 22/02/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have changed from NT4 to W2k on my machine and encountered the
>following
>behavior using Python 2.1.2, omniORB 3.04, omniORBpy 1.4 binaries for
>Windows: Although I imported CosNamingresolve_initial_references is now
>giving me a CORBA.Object proxy that I have to _narrow to a
>CosNaming.NamingContext first. Otherwise I receive an error about a
>non-existing method.
>
>The same program worked fine under NT4. It's not a real problem, just a
>question of an additional narrow, but I'd like to know whether it's
>intended behavior?

I remember such behavior, where the remote object interface was imported
before the object was accessed, and the ORB automatically identifies the
object type and does the cast. But I dont remember if it was under Fnorb or
one of the first OmniORBpy versions.

Maybe AT&T OmniORBpy developers remove this "automatic" behavior so that
using CORBA with Python looks more like using CORBA with other languages.

Q? What version of OmniORBpy do you use before switching to Win2K ?

A+

Laurent.

---
Laurent POINTAL - CNRS/LURE - Service Informatique Experiences
Tel/fax: 01 64 46 82 80 / 01 64 46 41 48
email  : laurent.pointal@lure.u-psud.fr  ou laurent.pointal@laposte.net