[omniORB] Python proxy type returned on Win2k

Lars von Wedel vonWedel@lfpt.rwth-aachen.de
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 09:31:26 +0100

--------------8287CB2DE921B5FB4E4EC794

Hello,

I have changed from NT4 to W2k on my machine and encountered the
following
behavior using Python 2.1.2, omniORB 3.04, omniORBpy 1.4 binaries for
Windows: Although I imported CosNamingresolve_initial_references is now
giving me a CORBA.Object proxy that I have to _narrow to a
CosNaming.NamingContext first. Otherwise I receive an error about a
non-existing method.

The same program worked fine under NT4. It's not a real problem, just a
question of an additional narrow, but I'd like to know whether it's
intended behavior?

Lars
--------------8287CB2DE921B5FB4E4EC794

begin:vcard
n:von Wedel;Lars
tel;fax:++49 241 8092326
tel;work:++49 241 8095240
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.lfpt.rwth-aachen.de
org:RWTH Aachen;Lehrstuhl fuer Prozesstechnik
adr:;;Turmstrasse 46;52064 Aachen;;;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vonWedel@lfpt.rwth-aachen.de
fn:Lars von Wedel
end:vcard