[omniORB] Method invocation hangs

Mon, 11 Feb 2002 18:27:01 +0000

On Friday 8 February, Patrick Hartling wrote:

> Based on my understanding of CORBA in general, it seems that the initial
> connection to the machine that holds the servant is failing to
> complete--probably in the TCP three-way handshake.  Since it happens with
> two different Java ORBs, it seems that something is going wrong on our
> C++ side.  Do these symptoms point to any known issues with omniORB or
> with CORBA in general?

There aren't any known issues like that with omniORB. The first thing
to check is that you are activating the POAManager in the C++ server.
POAs start up in the holding state, so they exhibit the kind of
symptoms you describe.

If that isn't it, try running your omniORB server with command line
arguments -ORBtraceLevel 25. That should give some indication whether
the call is reaching omniORB at all.