[omniORB] corbaloc/corbaname

Nick Murtagh murtaghn@tcd.ie
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 15:35:06 +0000

On Thursday 07 February 2002 15:23, Duncan Grisby wrote:
> On Wednesday 6 February, Nick Murtagh wrote:
> > I use it like this, which works:
>
> I think you have rather missed the point of corbaname. Your code is
> equivalent to
>
>   const char* corbaname =
>                "corbaname::myserver.com#put.something/interesting.here";
>   newobj = orb->string_to_object(corbaname);

Yeah, I know :)

I am using corbaname so that my program can contact an arbitrary server using
it's domain name. Once I got that working I stopped caring. The above code
is much neater, I'll try it and see if it works. I think i did actually try
to do it that way initially, I'll have another go.

Thanks for the information

Nick