[omniORB] corbaloc/corbaname

bjorn rohde jensen shamus@tdcadsl.dk
Thu, 07 Feb 2002 17:47:38 +0100

Hi guys,

 I suppose, it is a bit pedantic, but i don't like the idea of feeding
host names and such to CORBA, which is supposed to abstract this sort
of thing, by using corbaname URI's in the actual applications.
 Secondly, the name service can do more than simply provide a
key-object mapping. It also provides iterators for exploring the naming
graph, although, i doubt, many actually do that sort of thing.

Yours sincerely,

Bjorn