[omniORB] omniORB(py) on OSF4 weirdness

Thomas Lockhart lockhart@fourpalms.org
Fri Dec 6 11:28:02 2002

> We have a ACE&TAO corba server running on one side and use omniORB(py) as
> a client connecting to it. However only on OSF4 (we use solaris, linux,
> irix) do i get a omniORB.CORBA.TRANSIENT Minor: 0x41540003, COMPLETED_NO
> whenever i try to call any methods on any object.

OSF4 is Digital Unix version 4? Or something else??

> Also i have written a python orb and that runs fine. We have a test c++
> ACE&TAO client that works fine with the ACE orb. So it seems that with
> themselves they work fine but fail when talking to each other.

What versions of TAO and omniORB are you using? I've got simple clients
and servers using both omniORBpy (3.0.4/1.x and 4.0/2.0) and TAO (1.2.1
and probably others) which interact just fine, so istm that you should
be able to get this to work.

Try cranking up debugging levels on both client and server and look at
the packet contents going back and forth.

hth

                   - Tom