[omniORB] omniORB(py) on OSF4 weirdness

Gary Greyling gary@egenetics.com
Fri Dec 6 09:20:02 2002

We have a ACE&TAO corba server running on one side and use omniORB(py) as
a client connecting to it. However only on OSF4 (we use solaris, linux,
irix) do i get a omniORB.CORBA.TRANSIENT Minor: 0x41540003, COMPLETED_NO
whenever i try to call any methods on any object.

The ACE server continues to run happily.

Also i have written a python orb and that runs fine. We have a test c++
ACE&TAO client that works fine with the ACE orb. So it seems that with
themselves they work fine but fail when talking to each other.

Anybody have any pointers on where to start looking.

gary