[omniORB] Cannot connect to omniNames with MICO client

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Thu Dec 5 16:08:01 2002

On Wednesday 4 December, bjorn rohde jensen wrote:

>   I think, a better solution would be to change omniNames to be
> significantly more clever with respect to ORB options, the
> way it works now is quite inflexible. It is a simple
> matter to grab all command line options and store them in the
> persist log for restarts of omniNames. OmniNames can easily
> be fixed to properly handle complex configurations involving
> UNIX domain protocols, SSL endPoints and such on multihomed
> hosts.

Hmm maybe. Can't all those things be done just be giving omniNames a
suitable configuration file?  Storing them in the omniNames log would
just make it difficult to change the options once you'd started it.
Does anyone else have an opinion?

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --