[omniORB] Can I make my program listen to more than one name service?

bjorn rohde jensen bjensen@fastmail.fm
Fri Aug 2 08:39:01 2002

Hi Ram,

 I am not sure, what is the best way to actually
do this sort of thing. You might be able to use
the multiprofile IOR approach Bruce mentions, if
you use omniORB4. In that case you might be able
to put a multiprofile reference in the registry.
 Personally, i would rely on application logic to
handle multiple NamingContext's and probably use
resolve_initial_references, since one can invent
ones own initial references: ie. -ORBInitRef
BackUpNameService=blablabla. I dont know, how to do
that under windows though.
 You could use configuration files for this sort of
thing too. Either your own application specific
or omniORB's config file.

Yours sincerely,

Bjorn