[omniORB] omniORB's future (and mine too)

Stefan Seefeld seefeld@sympatico.ca
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 09:18:31 -0400

Hi Duncan,

here are some first suggestions that require only little work,
but may have quite an impact on the usability. I'd be willing
to help...

I'd suggest splitting omniidl into a generic IDL parser (a simple
python module) and the executable / backends. This would make it
even more appealing for others to use it, I think.

Second, I'd like to add a 'make doc' target to the build system
to use the synopsis tool to generate a reference manual for the
entire code base of omniORB (IDL, C++, python). Unfortunately,
I haven't been able to figure out how the build system works, with
all the include and macro / canned command sequence machinery.

Thanks for your commitment and ongoing support !

Stefan