[omniORB] Building omniORB 3.0.3 on Win2000 platforms

Ivanov, Roumen Roumen.Ivanov@drkw.com
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 15:01:44 +0200

Hi Bill,
Thanks for spending time to help.

I have compiled omniORB on NT many times although using the python minimal
set for windows instead of full Python installation.
Recently I'm trying to migrate to Windows 2000 using exactly x86_nt_4
platform, but I got the following when I started to compile:

$ make export
../../../../../bin/x86_win32/clwrapper -gnuwin32 -c -O2 -MD -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-I. -I.  -I../../../../../include -D__WIN32__ -D__x86__
-D__NT__ -D__OSVERSION__=4 -Focexp.o cexp.c
cl -c -O2 -MD -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..\..\..\..\..\include -D__WIN32__
-D__x86__ -D__NT__ -D__OSVERSION__=4 -Focexp.o cexp.c
cl: Invalid argument
make[4]: *** [cexp.o] Error 1

The strange is that executing the pure cl command (on the same target in the
according directory) succeeds:

cl -c -O2 -MD -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..\..\..\..\..\include -D__WIN32__
-D__x86__ -D__NT__ -D__OSVERSION__=4 -Focexp.o cexp.c
Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 12.00.8804 for 80x86
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-1998. All rights reserved.

cexp.c

what made me thinking, that there is something Win 2000 specific that I need
to set.
Now when you are saying that you have been using x86_nt_4 I don't know.
Either the clwrapper gets the return from cl wrong or my cygwin version that
gets confused under windows 2000.

What Cygnus version are you using?

Thanks again,
Roumen