[omniORB] omniNames problem

Goral, Jack Jack_Goral@NAI.com
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 09:10:33 -0500

These are error messages when I am trying to start 'omniNames' on Linux:

[jgoral@n9ery_laptop src]$ omniNames -start -ORBtraceLevel 30
omniORB: strand Ripper: start.
omniORB: scavenger : start.
omniORB: gateKeeper is tcpwrapGK 1.0 - based on tcp_wrappers_7.6
omniORB: The omniDynamic library is not linked.
omniORB: Initialising incoming rope factories.
omniORB: throw INITIALIZE from objectAdapter.cc:182
Failed to initialise the POAs. Is omniNames is already running?

omniNames is not running.

The system is:
	Linux Mandrake 8.1
	gcc 2.96
	Python 2.1.1
	omniORB 3.0.4 compiled from sources

PATH, PYTHONPATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH are set properly.

Any ideas how to solve this problem?

I have the same setup on RedHat 7.1 except Python. RH7.1 comes with Python
1.5.2.
Everything runs OK, omniNames, omniORBpy,... I tried to upgrade to Python
2.x and after recompiling omniORB I was getting error: "Failed to initialise
the POAs. Is omniNames is already running?". Same as on Mandrake.

Jack Goral
jgoral@nai.com