[omniORB] omninames

Nicholas Grindley ngrindle@lucent.com
Wed, 03 Oct 2001 10:03:25 +0100

Hi,

I Downloaded and unpacked omniORB_3_0_4...

I am having problems with setting up omniname service. I am hoping u can give me
some pointers. As I am new to this game.

My system OS is Win 95 32 bit.

I am trying to set the environment variables as instructed in the win9X
installation and build manual...that comes with 3_0_4 download.

The Section is Configure the naming service:

It says set these variables on the command line, for  PATH and
OMNINAMES_LOGDIR etc.

If i bring up a dos box within win95. is there a default environment, which
knows about these variables ?

Or is there a script i need to run to set this environment up and then i can
proceed to set
these variables up. Or do i need to edit some config file which holds all these
variables ?  I have searched on wiki but there seems to be nothing to assist me
in this quest..

sorry for the basic questions but still hope u can help...

thanks