[omniORB] Server & client on the same machine: no network use d ?

Brenneis, Steve steve.brenneis@attws.com
Wed, 23 May 2001 09:51:38 -0400

Hello Stefan,

omniORB (or any other ORB, for that matter) really doesn't differentiate
between co-located clients/servers and those in different address spaces.
All requests through any ORB are simply routed to the network protocols
stack. The magic of whether the request actually hits the wire or not is
deep in the stack itself. Some network stacks may use shared memory to
implement this, but it is not really germaine to the design of your CORBA
application. I hope this answers your question.

Steve Brenneis
ProServe Lead Developer
AT&T Wireless Services
Desk (336) 286-1783
Cell (336) 456-3290
FAX (336) 286-1880
"I am opposed to millionaires, but it would be dangerous to offer me the
position." -- Mark Twain