[omniORB] Multi-threaded clients

Robert Huffman rhuffman@measurecast.com
Mon, 7 May 2001 16:08:26 -0700 (PDT)

We're having a problem with multi-threaded Java clients connecting to a
C++ OmniORB server.  To build the Java client, we use the idl2java
compiler provided with Sun's JDK.

It appears that any call to the server will block all the other threads
that are trying to call the server.  So, despite the fact that OmniORB
provides multi-threading, the Sun JDK doesn't take advantage of the fact.
(It isn't difficult to imagine that the code generated by Sun's idl2java
compiler synchronizes all server calls on the save object.)

So, while this isn't really an OmniORB question, I'm hoping someone out
there has experienced this problem and discovered a workaround.  I'll be
happy to provide a small test case if anyone is interested.

--
Robert Huffman                     Email: rhuffman@measurecast.com
MeasureCast, Inc.                  Voice: (503) 889-1262