[omniORB] Omniorb 2.8 on AIX

Michael J. Donahue mdonahue@McLeodUSA.com
Mon, 7 May 2001 10:33:47 -0500

Nick -

No, I use xlC 5.0 (aka VisualAge C++ 5.0).  The older gcc/g++ compiler has
a very nasty problem with multithreaded exception handling.  IBM is in the
process of releasing a new version of the gcc/g++ compiler as a part of their
new AIXToolBox project.  I'm told this version fixes the problem but I haven't
had time to do any testing, nor have I seen it work.

The URL for the AIXtoolbox follows:

http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/aix/products/aixos/linux/download.html

Good Luck,

- Mike Donahue
Does it work on AIX with gcc?
If so please tell us the gcc version and how you compiled gcc.

thanx Nick

Michael J. Donahue wrote:

Yes, we run omniORB 2.8.0 in production.  We've seen very few problems.

If you are refering ORBtraceLevel, I've set it as high as 30 with no problems.

omniNames 2.8.0 on AIX does have a bug in it.  If the cache file grows beyond
5kb and you attempt to restart it with the cache file, omniNames will core dump.

- Mike Donahue

Michael Keay <MKeay@SeeBeyond.com> on 05/04/2001 04:29:36 PM

yone had any experience of Omniorb on AIX?

We seem to have a problem when switching on orb tracing, that the orb cores?

Mikey