[omniORB] More Info In Bad Param Exceptions?

Wed, 13 Jun 2001 14:26:16 +0100

On Tuesday 12 June, "W. Eliot Kimber" wrote:

> At the risk of being a pest, I must ask: will OmniORB 4 provide more
> detail in Bad Param exceptions? It reminds me of the first days of BASIC
> programming :-)

What detail do you have in mind?  The only extra info you can tag onto
a system exception is a 16-bit minor code. In omniORB 4 we're in the
process of putting meaningful values into the minor code, both
OMG-specifed values and omniORB specific ones.

You can already get a good idea about the cause of an exception by
running with -ORBtraceLevel 10, which prints out the C++ line number
which threw the exception.