[omniORB] wchar and wstring

Mon, 11 Jun 2001 10:07:28 +0100

On Friday 8 June, "Ken Feuerman" wrote:

> I've seen it on the feature list for omniORB4.

wchar and wstring will indeed be part of omniORB 4. It's not a small
effort, so I don't think it's worth anyone's time to add it to omniORB
3.

> Which of course brings up the question:  Any word on when omniORB4 would be
> available, even as a beta?  I took a CVS snapshot of it at the end of last
> week, but unfortunately it wouldn't build on Win32; looked like a work in
> progress.

With any luck, the first pre-release will be made this week. It's
currently running OK on Linux. We tend to leave the pain of Windows
until last, which is why it doesn't build there yet.