[omniORB] Problems with omniORB and Borland

mik@geosys.ru mik@geosys.ru
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 14:29:24 +0400

Hello, Jens!

24.07.01 11:04:23, Jens St=E5l Hansen <Jens@Cue.dk> wrote:
>We are having problems with omniORB and Borland C++ Builder 5.
>
>We have defined __x86__ and pointed our lib path to lib\x86_bcc32, but w=
>get the following error:
>  [Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'OMNIDYNAMIC3_RTD.LIB'
>
> which doesn't seem to be in the archive.
>
>We are working with POA and need to dynamic link with omniORB. We are al=
so
>going to use omniNames.

It is not clear from your message how exactly you build your programme (C=
++Builder IDE, Borland or GNU make?). However, the minimum set of defines=
 for dynamic link with=20
omniORB and omniNames to work should be "__x86__;NTArchitecture;_RTLDLL".

>Our servants basically looks like this:
>#include "scintLangServer.h"
>scintLangImpl::scintLangImpl(const char *object_name):
>        POA_dk::cue::scmodLang::scintLang(),
>        PortableServer::RefCountServantBase()
>{
>}
>
>Our test example (running on Linux) worked without problems, but we need=
>Borland Windows port.
>
>Any pointer would be great or an archive of bin/, lib/ and include/ comp=
iled
>and working with Borland.

As for the missing library -- it is really a debug version. In the Borlan=
d-specific archives you have downloaded from my site debug versions of om=
niORB ddynamically-linked=20
libraries are missing (as well as static libraries). You may try to build=
 them with Borland command-line make utility from sources issueing "make =
-D_DEBUG -f lib.mak" in the=20
"<omni>/src/x86_bcc32/mk" directory. Or try to build omnithread_rtd.bpr, =
omniORB3_rtd.bpr, and omniDynamic3_rtd.bpr in "<omni>/src/x86_bcc32/ide" =
directory via=20
C++Builder IDE. Also mention, please, that I have not tested the _DEBUG b=
ranch thoroughly.

>Architecture: x86
>Operating Systems: Windows NT4 SP6a and 2000 SP2
>Compilers: Borland C++Builder 5 with Update Pack 1
>omniORB version: omniORB-3.0.4 and the omniORB-3.0.3 files from Dr.Mikha=
il
>Soukhanov's site

I have not looked at 3.0.4 yet but think it should be compatible with the=
 Borland port, though some of the 3.0.4 patches can be superseeded by Bor=
land patches.

Best regards,
		Mikhail

Dr. Mikhail Soukhanov <mailto:mik@geosys.ru.>

Laboratory of Geoinformatics, VNIIgeosistem
Warszawskoje chaussee 8, Moscow M-105, 113105 Russia
Tel.: +7(095) 954-21-50 (x101), fax.: +7(095) 958-35-22
W.W.W.: <http://www.geosys.ru./>