[omniORB] Problems with omniORB and Borland

Jens Stål Hansen Jens@Cue.dk
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 13:04:18 +0200

>Hello, Jens!
>
>24.07.01 11:04:23, Jens Stål Hansen <Jens@Cue.dk> wrote:
>>We are having problems with omniORB and Borland C++ Builder 5.
>>
>>We have defined __x86__ and pointed our lib path to lib\x86_bcc32, but we
>>get the following error:
>>  [Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'OMNIDYNAMIC3_RTD.LIB'
>>
>> which doesn't seem to be in the archive.
>>
>>We are working with POA and need to dynamic link with omniORB. We are also
>>going to use omniNames.>
>
>It is not clear from your message how exactly you build your programme
(C++Builder IDE, Borland or GNU make?). >However, the minimum set of defines
for dynamic link with
>omniORB and omniNames to work should be "__x86__;NTArchitecture;_RTLDLL".

We are using the C++ Builder IDE.

Adding the "NTArchitecture;_RTDLL" seem to do the trick :)
omniNames is running and objects are registred.

>>Our servants basically looks like this:
>>#include "scintLangServer.h"
>>scintLangImpl::scintLangImpl(const char *object_name):
>>        POA_dk::cue::scmodLang::scintLang(),
>>        PortableServer::RefCountServantBase()
>>{
>>}
>>
>>Our test example (running on Linux) worked without problems, but we need a
>>Borland Windows port.
>>
>>Any pointer would be great or an archive of bin/, lib/ and include/
compiled
>>and working with Borland.
>
>As for the missing library -- it is really a debug version. In the
Borland-specific archives you have downloaded from my site >debug versions
of omniORB ddynamically-linked
>libraries are missing (as well as static libraries). You may try to build
them with Borland command-line make utility from >sources issueing
"make -D_DEBUG -f lib.mak" in the
>"<omni>/src/x86_bcc32/mk" directory. Or try to build omnithread_rtd.bpr,
omniORB3_rtd.bpr, and omniDynamic3_rtd.bpr >in "<omni>/src/x86_bcc32/ide"
directory via
>C++Builder IDE. Also mention, please, that I have not tested the _DEBUG
branch thoroughly.

A release version is enough for us ;)

>>Architecture: x86
>>Operating Systems: Windows NT4 SP6a and 2000 SP2
>>Compilers: Borland C++Builder 5 with Update Pack 1
>>omniORB version: omniORB-3.0.4 and the omniORB-3.0.3 files from Dr.Mikhail
>>Soukhanov's site
>
>I have not looked at 3.0.4 yet but think it should be compatible with the
Borland port, though some of the 3.0.4 patches can >be superseeded by
Borland patches.

It seems that way.

>Best regards,
>Mikhail