[omniORB] Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 15:13:57 -0800

Michael Keay MKeay@SeeBeyond.com
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 23:15:09 +0000

------_=_NextPart_001_01C08A49.282457D0

I have been having a lot of trouble recently with OmniOrb on NT. The project
I was working was trying to use the DLL version of the libraries. When ever
I invoked a method on an object I received a COMM_FAILURE exception. After 2
weeks of looking into this, the guys who produced this thrid party object
said there is an issue with the DLL versions and that I should use a static
libraries. What is the issue here first of all.

Now to the issue I currently have. I am now using the static libraries and
everytime on ORB_init, I get a windows system exception, Access Violation.
Has anyone else experienced this issue, and what is the solution, if theire
is a solution to this problem?

------_=_NextPart_001_01C08A49.282457D0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE></TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I have been having a lot of trouble =
recently with OmniOrb on NT. The project I was working was trying to =
use the DLL version of the libraries. When ever I invoked a method on =
an object I received a COMM_FAILURE exception. After 2 weeks of looking =
into this, the guys who produced this thrid party object said there is =
an issue with the DLL versions and that I should use a static =
libraries. What is the issue here first of all.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Now to the issue I currently have. I =
am now using the static libraries and everytime on ORB_init, I get a =
windows system exception, Access Violation. Has anyone else experienced =
this issue, and what is the solution, if theire is a solution to this =
problem?</FONT></P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C08A49.282457D0--