[omniORB] Synopsis 0.3 released

Stefan Seefeld seefeld@sympatico.ca
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 21:48:40 -0500

Craig Rodrigues wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 08:50:43PM -0500, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
> >
> > In any case, synopsis is still relatively young. A lot of ideas
> > are there and need to be fleshed out. Help is always welcome ! :)
>
> Well, one thing I would suggest is, look at the tags that
> doxygen supports, and support those in synopsis as well.
>
> It is very nice in a software project to standardize on one
> style of documenting code.  For example, the javadoc style
> is the default style for Java programmers.
>
> It is a pain in the neck to change documenting standards
> to appease the latest documentation generator. :)

Thanks, you make my point :)

Synopsis is modular to the point that you can not only choose between
a variety of comment parser/formatters, you can even plugin your own
little python script ! (*)
And yes, we currently do support javadoc style comments. Among others...:)
Indeed, I always found it pretty pervers that people had to adapt to
tools. It should be the other way around.

Regards,	Stefan

(*) as an example for the kind of flexibility I'm talking about, I wrote a
    little python function as an extension to the Linker module.
    It maps C++ names to their IDL equivalents (POA_Foo maps to Foo,
    Bar_ptr maps to Bar); I use that to tell the linker how to resolve
    references, i.e. clicking on 'Bar_ptr' will take you to the definition
    of the 'Bar' type...