[omniORB] compile problems on Win32, NT4

Lars Immisch lars@ibp.de
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 00:41:12 +0100

<nofill>Hi Sai-Lai,

> The fix to your previous bug report is now in the repository.

Thanks a lot; I managed to compile omniORB in the meantime and the bug is fixed.

> I've no idea what is causing the omnicpp problem. We have seem reports
> about strange behaviours on Windows 98. That seems to do with the use of
> pipe to send the preprocessor output to omniidl. There is now a -T option
> to omniidl to tell it to use a temporary file instead of a pipe. You may
> want to APPEND the following to mk/platforms/x86_nt_4.0.mk:
>
> OMNIORB_IDL_ONLY += -T
>
> However I should also say that I've never seen this on NT. May be it is
> time to reboot your box.
</nofill>

By fortunate mistake, I have found out that if I build omniORB *without*
the BuildDebugBinary option in mk/config.mk, it works ok. With the
BuildDebugBinary option set to 1, omniidl crashes (and this is
reproducable).

I like having the debug binaries, so I normally enable it by default.

Just to let you know, I have experimented with the -T flag and it makes no
difference.

<nofill>
> On the make clean problem. This is a known problem if the gnumake version
> is older than ~3.77. I've put up a new gun-win32-lite.zip which is based on
> a later version of cygwin and do come with a later version of gnumake.
</nofill>

Thanks. I'll redo the build with my normal cygwin environment now and/or
check the latest gnu-win32-lite.

- Lars