[omniORB] compile problems on Win32, NT4

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
24 Jan 2001 18:33:18 +0000

The fix to your previous bug report is now in the repository.

I've no idea what is causing the omnicpp problem. We have seem reports
about strange behaviours on Windows 98. That seems to do with the use of
pipe to send the preprocessor output to omniidl. There is now a -T option
to omniidl to tell it to use a temporary file instead of a pipe. You may
want to APPEND the following to mk/platforms/x86_nt_4.0.mk:

OMNIORB_IDL_ONLY += -T

However I should also say that I've never seen this on NT. May be it is
time to reboot your box.

On the make clean problem. This is a known problem if the gnumake version
is older than ~3.77. I've put up a new gun-win32-lite.zip which is based on
a later version of cygwin and do come with a later version of gnumake.
Mind you, you may have to redo the mount thing again because cygwin uses a
different set of registry entry.

Regards,

Sai-Lai

--