[omniORB] Need help on omniOrb3.02 installation.

Harry Tang qbxncdy@snt.BellSouth.com
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 22:56:57 -0500

--------------05273AA2E4CB5E25E356F3D4

Hi, I need help from omniORB expert on this list.

I tried to install omniORB 3.02 on unix system SUNOS5.6(which is solaris
2.6), and I plan to use gcc(2.8.1) as my C++ compiler.  The tar file I
download from att site is source code(not a binary distribution).
Following README.unix file for installation and configuration, I stucked
in step 3.

  3. Building and installing
  --------------------------

  The makefiles in this distribution only work with GNUmake. Make sure
  that you have the program installed and invoke it directly.

  You can skip this step if this is a pre-compiled binary
  distribution.  To build and install everything, go into the
  directory ./src and type 'make export'. If all goes well, the
  libraries and executables will be installed into ./lib/<platform>/
  and ./bin/<platform>/.

'make export' had fatal failure, don't know how to make target export.
In my src directory I do have GNUmake file, which is a very short file.
Can someone tell me how to 'make export' successfully?

Thanks,

Harry

--------------05273AA2E4CB5E25E356F3D4

begin:vcard
n:Tang;Harry
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Bellsouth;Science and Technology
version:2.1
email;internet:harry.tang@snt.bellsouth.com
note;quoted-printable:(O)404-9274090=0D=0A(H)770-4512661=0D=0A(P)404-6722977
x-mozilla-cpt:;-25096
fn:Harry Tang
end:vcard

--------------05273AA2E4CB5E25E356F3D4--