[omniORB] Thorough documentation

Stephen Crawley crawley@dstc.edu.au
Thu, 04 Jan 2001 09:42:34 +1000

> Stephen Crawley wrote:
> >    But I don't see why you would need to do this to implement
> > a client.  It does not matter to the client-side what OA was used on the
> > server side.
>
> Interesting point! I'll guess that it has something to do with the
> server producing some responses asynchronously, and delivering them
> via CORBA calls to objects that the client supplies.

That shouldn't make any difference to what I said ... unless you've
decided to implement the "client"-side callback objects using BOA too.

I'd recommend transitioning to using POA on both OmniORB and the
ORB used to implement your server ... as soon as practical.  If the
OmniORB client side objects are all transient callbacks, that is the
easy place to start.

-- Steve