[omniORB] problems with omnipy and argument types

jnye@micro-optics.com jnye@micro-optics.com
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 08:29:14 -0400

Hello there,

Just wondering if anyone's looked into this problem. I sent the trace
generated from running the program with the trace level you requested.

Cheers,
Jason.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-omniorb-list@uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-omniorb-list@uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Duncan
Grisby
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 6:38 AM
To: Jason Nye
Cc: omniorb-list@uk.research.att.com
Subject: Re: [omniORB] problems with omnipy and argument types

On Monday 12 February, jnye@micro-optics.com wrote:

[...]
> The server that implements the EventLogger is written in C++ and is
> constantly running. It is implemented as a persistent object. I've written
> clients in C++ that use it with no problem. When using python, I can get
> trivial operations to work on it (some basic get/set operations), but I
> cannot get the log operation to work. I always get a BAD_PARAM error and
it
> does not make sense to me why I would get that. Here is my python code:

omniORBpy throws BAD_PARAM when it thinks the types of arguments are
incorrect. (C++ would have a compile-time error in the same
situation.)  However, it looks from your code like you are using the
correct types. Please run your code with command line arguments
-ORBtraceLevel 15 -ORBtraceInvocations. That should tell us where (in
the C++ code) the BAD_PARAM is thrown from, which will help track it
down.