[omniORB] Unexpected Seg Fault

Tue, 04 Dec 2001 16:15:06 +0000

On Tuesday 4 December, Attila Pletyak wrote:

> I've never used Purify, and I am quite sure the whole problem can be
> caused by recent changes in the app. BTW, up to this time I've only used
> memprof. Is this Purify is the Rational Purify? Or something else?

Yes, Rational Purify. An alternative for detecting memory trashing is
njamd on Linux:

  http://fscked.org/proj/njamd.shtml

> Can Purify help me in a situation where the segv occurs only some days
> later?

Not exactly, but if you're lucky, memory corruptions are happening
relatively early on, but not biting until much later. If that isn't
the case, it might be less useful. njamd is lightweight enough that
you could potentially run your application with it (inside gdb) all
the time, until it dies.