[omniORB] IOR in Python from hostname and port

Tue, 28 Aug 2001 14:52:18 +0100

On Friday 24 August, Wilson Jimmy - jiwils wrote:

> Just so I can make sure that I clearly understand the issue, I thought the
> Orbix/_is_a() problem could be solved with the command line argument
> -ORBverifyObjectExistsAndType 0.  If you're utilizing that, and you know
> your object key, connecting shouldn't be a big issue (at least in Orbix
> 3.0.1).  Is there something going on with Orbix 2.3c that I am missing here?

The problem is that if an object reference doesn't contain a type id
(due to having come from corbaloc, for example), _narrow() always
calls _is_a, even if -ORBverifyObjectExistsAndType is set to 0. It is
required to do this by the CORBA spec.

-ORBverify... 0 is used to suppress the implicit call to _is_a that
omniORB normally does on the first call to an object reference where
the type id in the IOR is not the same as the one expected from the
IDL.